Monday, September 25, 2006

The beginning:

The beginning:
Far away at the horizon stood the steed
With its head held high in mighty pride
They came to steal the bride
Wanderers, vandals, hooligans, vamoose
All look upon and ostracize

The convert looked at the suns glow
He remarked never have I seen a sight
So warming and enervating thy senile piety
Never have I seen a man grovel in his apathy
For a snub is a snub even it comes from the almighty

No man is an island
Pray I am cutting the oars to light a fire
To keep me company

The bride in all her razzle dazzle looked and remarked
Behold the day is here at the darkest of the night
When the winds blow high and nigh
The knight shall come to me
On a white sand beach shall I give away my embrace


They came on horses reeking of flesh
Cast in iron were their faces
They gave away covert glances
Mighty were their vices
They demanded very high prices

Hypothesize a dinner given by the pride
Where the animals laid a feast for the deer
Invited were the main dishes, so were the rabbits for appetizers
They came to prey on her
Where was the knight?

Answered the voices
They come only in fairy tales
Don’t be a dreamer said the old maid
Life is full of unwarranted surprises
He will come said the bride assuredly

Wanted is he amongst the masses
Time he does not have for farces
Said the dark lord
Do the needful, bring her to me
Have to see what fancies the bride to be

No comments: