Friday, January 21, 2011

Of photographs and late night blogging

Let us face the fact I look butt ugly, well the lord almighty did have to create people like moi to make the rest of the world secure in their shell, living with a body like mine is like driving a rambshackle fiat now", the only trouble is an upgrade out here is far more risky and costly I kind of have a skin which resembles obsidian sandpaper, my folks would describe it as Wheatish dark in my matrimonial ad very soon and a nose which pinocchio would have been proud to have, a chin which projects as much as liz Hurley"s cleavage, I mean yesterday"s news paper view well enough of my description, the idea on writing this sketch was to describe the identity card which my firm provided, I kind of look like a hot Samoan on my I'd card it is moi only except for the fact that I was 15 kgs more than what I am now, and I am at least 7 shades darker than my identity card snap, this story is about this lady who met me virtually in the office, she saw my ID card snap on my profile, assumed something and decided to ask for a date, well I am as opportunistic as the human race normally is, I accepted and the poor lady had to endure me in the flesh for a couple of hours, I reckon she has quit the firm and moved out of the country ( this story is pure play drunken imagination)


The above passage was a rant against the lord for not making moi look like a hunk, life surely would have been easier now for another parallel well kind of parallel as perpendicular gets in this world, I remember meeting this girl after a report writing class, she looked gorgeous, none of my close chums, men and women agreed and I had decided this was the lady I wanted to spend my life with, youth kind of makes you choose life partners with an enviable ease, well my big 3 words post a debate in class were, hi I am so and so (swallow the name ) and apologize awkwardly for taking a different stance, than what she took,this was uttered in the presence of other female company, well it was embarrassing, now whAt I actually wanted to do was to tell her was she looked absolutely gorgeous, and I absolutely loved the way her eye lids looked, even if I uttered my actual intentions, it would have still been eerie, "eyelids"? , I met her after college once during a heavy metal concert, I wanted to go speak, my heart out, the alcohol made me fool hardy, that is the only time i regret not saying something when i was drunk, was way too high for my own good, so attended the concert, threw up in the makeshift loo, broke the makeshift loo and got thrown out, by that time India had lost to bangladesh ending all hopes of India making it through the first round of the world cup

Now to the serious stuff, why would I write about something this absurd, 2 chance encounters and with a memory which none of the unwilling participants would remember except me, these are the memories life is built on, life for me has always been a perennial question of what if .?

There is a song my Metallica where the last lines of the song convey this idea, " given a chance would I have lived my life differently and made different choices" the protagonist in the song claims she has no regrets, trust me I do and I still do :)

A sad post with absolutely no semblance of punctuation

No comments: