Sunday, April 23, 2006

Patriot: a dialogue

They say "You never think of your nation as a benign cancer"
"I say forgive me can cancers be benign ?"
They say " The greatest country in the world thinks it is.."
" I ask how can a country be the greatest when it never defines It's own boundaries"
They say "Never think of your nation as a static piece of land, It is an ever evolving mass"
" I ask pray tell me is the imposing of your culture patriotism?"

They look at me astounded " Yes that is the true sign of a person who worships his country "
"I look around despondent and ask what about patriots in other places?"
They say "They are not patriots "our neighbours" they are nationalists"
" I laugh and agree that they are nationalists"
p.s I dont get my head chopped off

place and time of the dialogue:
Circa 2045:The U.S.A
1938: Somewhere in the nazi regime

No comments: