Friday, March 23, 2007

The Ballad of a Thin Man

A brilliant Dylan song; cheaply borrowed it for a vague post

I have always been thin, there used to be this time when I was the chubbiest kid in the class, I actually don’t remember ever being chubby or fat, or any friendly neighborhood aunty pulling my cheeks and saying “so cute”, happened to see my school snaps taken when I was in 1st and 2nd Standard, I was quite surprised to see that I was in fact the fattest kid in the whole lot. There I stood in the last row with my shirt barely covering my belly and proudly displaying a Red badge saying “First Rank”, I did have that stupid grin which somehow tended to pop in almost all my snaps, have only one set of photos in which I don’t have that grin, a half –cocky gesture, which seemed to say “mate what do you think you are looking at?”

So much for old school snaps, I actually remembered a kid from back then, his name was balaji, if my memory serves me right, he used to be the eternal third rank holder for about 3 odd years which I spent in that school, there was another girl who used to share 1st rank with me, don’t remember her name though, have only one line to say about my academics from then to now “kahan se kahan aa gaye”

Well back to the post, was thin all through my school life from 5th and through college, my trouser sizes had remained the same from 9th to post-grad with a decent improvement recently, never felt that I was thin back in school. Hmm was a lean mean fighting machine (another cheap phrase)



Have lost track of what I was thinking , sorry the ballad has to be continued some other day

No comments: