Friday, March 23, 2007

The loss of humility

Another post, another day, going to change the name of my blog, shall be know as something better than vishnupurana@blogspot.com

Life has been quite a whirlwind these days, been quite busy (ah the liar in me refuses to stop farting) made a job at Universal consulting; placements are indeed tedious, never thought I would be under pressure, but some interviews do make you feel real bad, moi had a not so great academic record on campus. But the only thing I had in my favor was the fact that I could speak on anything and everything for about 5 odd minutes making sense, (at least I thought I made senseJ) well perceptions do vary, had about 20-25 odd interviews and almost all of them were Fit interviews in other words personal interviews, well I am not someone who is uncomfortable with them, but somehow loads of them decided I was just being arrogant, one of them told me this on my face.

I am not exactly the epitome of humility, but being called “Arrogant” well was a first for me in some time (24 years to be more precise), I do tend to speak in a very direct manner, but never thought that people perceived it in a completely different light. Well had this really deep self – searching exercise in which I bugged almost all my friends asking them the same question again and again “Mate do you think that I sound arrogant,” I did change the wording a lot, the question was rephrased in different ways, almost all the chappies with whom I drank in the last 2 weeks were subject to me proving the fact that I was not arrogant,
finicky (yes), usually uncompromising, short tempered, really cocky in team games, had a tendency to question the existing order, did bark out orders, could be a very bad first mate, someone who could not tolerate shortfalls in other people, cocksure in his decisions, Impetus, someone who could not sit still in a single place, foolish at times, miss the small details, manipulative at times, Bloody lazy, really bad at managing my time, happy go lucky, introverted (???) All these traits are mine indeed mine, but arrogant, hmm I don’t buy that, tell me why should I listen to some one else???

(The above paragraph is something similar to my mind’s thought process when I was given this feedback)

All this “soul searching “did yield something, that I don’t take very well to others commenting about me, while I do want others to take down my opinions as a gospel. The paradox being the fact that it proves the point that I am indeed arrogant as spelt out by loads of them, my friends and family would never say something to antagonize me. But honestly, the day I stopped listening to what others say, I am indeed arrogant


Bah another pointless post

No comments: